I went to Disneyland yesterday and had a really different, yet fulfilling trip.
I only go to Disneyland once or twice a year and so every time I make a huge hour by hour schedule that my family and I must follow.
It’s pretty crazy.
This time I wanted to do something different and have it more relaxed.
I did have a short list of things that I wanted to do, but a majority of it was trying new things.
My list consisted of: Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, Hyperspace Mountain, Splash Mountain. Eating a Matterhorn macaroon and cheesy bread.
Did I get to everything on my list? No.
Was my trip still fulfilling? Yes.
We just went with the flow and saw what happened.
Our day ended up looking like:
- Getting my birthday pin
- Buying my pink sequin Minnie ears
- Indiana Jones fast pass
- Haunted Mansion 5 minute wait and seeing it non-holiday edition for the first time in forever
- Pirates of the Caribbean twice with both 5 minute waits, being front row the first time
- Jolly Holliday lunch- turkey sandwich, vegetable salad, and Matterhorn macaroon
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Visiting my future proposal spot, turning the corner, and spotting my favorite Disney princess
- Meeting Aurora
- Discovering Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and watching the little girls princess dreams come true
- Buying my stuffed BB8
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Star Tours- hour wait
- Space Mountain fast pass- discovering it isn’t Hyperspace Mountain and leaving
- Watching ‘Return of the Jedi’
- Churro- outside Star Tours
- Rancho Del Zocalo dinner- tostada chicken salad
- Jolly Holiday dessert- hot chocolate, Mickey face cookie, chocolate croissant
- 6 strawberry macaroons at Jolly Holiday a random girl gave me because it was my birthday
- Riding Autopia with my mom in the passenger seat
- Riding Roger Rabbit
- Touring Minnie’s house
- Touring Mickey’s house
- Watching fantastic VIP
- Seeing the fireworks from New Orleans Square
- Tiki Room
- Dole Whip
- Riding the carousel at night
- Riding Casey Junior at night as our last ride
- Popcorn right before we leave the park
This is one of the best trips I’ve had at Disneyland because I relaxed. We took our time and I got to really look around and take everything in. I got to soak up all the magic and beauty. I had the chance to do new things on this trip and I hope future trips are like this one.
Lastly, I wanted to address Fantasmic in this blog post.
I had no idea what it was until back in 2016 on my two day sweet 16 Disney experience, my family and I were walking past New Orleans square right as it started. My dad decided to stop and watch so he put me on his shoulders and I got to experience the unexpected magic.
That moment changed my life.
I made a point on this trip to see Fantasmic again because I’m turning 18 in a month and haven’t seen it since that first time on my 16th birthday.
My mom and I happened to get lucky and got VIP seating. Once it started, I started bawling my eyes out because I had missed this show so much. This show is why I love Disney so much.
This is why I will spend as much money as Disney wants for admission. This show makes me feel like a kid again. It makes me feel that little kid feeling on Christmas morning. That feeling you got on your first visit to the park as a little kid. The feeling that you’re a little kid and anything is possible. Everything is just so magical and beautiful and you are protected and shouldn’t be worried about anything at all.
That is how I feel when I watch Fantastic, and I never want that to die.